It is under the sun of Les Menuires that will take place the Mountain Biking French Championships, from July, 17th to 20th.
The Mountain Biking French Championships is the long-awaited sport event in Les Menuires.
The mountain bike, equipped in winter with well-notched tires and ultra-powerful brakes, is accessible on ski trails while during the summer season it takes back its status of “summer sport par excellence”.
The Mountain Biking French Championships, competitions opened to the French bike riders, are organized every year for men and women to assign the championship status of France to the winner. From July 17th to 20th, more than 1,500 participants are waited for compete the trial, country cross and XCE (country eliminator cross) tests. The downhill race will take place down the mountain above Les Menuires.
Cold sweat and strong sensations are guaranteed!
Did you know that Les Menuires ski resort abounds in numerous bike rambles? For some mountain bike trails, you can borrow the summer lifts and discover an overview on the Belleville Valley as well as its villages and hamlets.
– Easy itineraries :• The Vallée descent (a downhill itinerary of about 20 kilometers linking Val Thorens to Saint-Martin
• The tour of the Plan de l’Eau : a circuit accessible to children (from the Bruyères hamlet)
– Medium level :
- The Mont de la Chambre descent towards Les Menuires
- The ascension of Mont de la chambre from Val Thorens
- The Tougnète descent towards Saint-Martin
– Itineraries for experimented bikers :
- The 3 Vallées circuit (a 117 kilometers circuit over the 3 Vallées area)
- The Portette circuit in Val Thorens
- The Mass descent in Les Menuires
Les Menuires resort is also the paradise of two-wheels for children. This resort offers them a marked circuit “The Kid Zone” with fun modules and different slopes across shrubs and mountain pasture on a relatively flat terrain around The Bruyères Lake. This trail is accessible to children from the age of 8. Note that the parents can follow their kids on foot.
Furthermore, your young children will have the impression that they are one of these champions of Mountain Biking French Championships in hurtling down the “Rock’N Bike” Mountain bike descent. It stretches on 4, 5 km long over a negative downhill trail of 500m with its numerous with its raised bends and crosses.
If you come to attend the Mountain Biking French Championships in Les Menuires, the 4-star hotel Les Bruyères will be delighted to welcome you in one of its 95 rooms and will make your family stay an unforgettable moment.